It’s estimated that 45% of Australians between the ages of 16 and 85 will experience a mental health condition in their lifetime. Untreated mental health conditions cost Australian workplaces approximately $10.9 billion per year.
This workshop provides managers with a clear understanding of mental health concerns impacting the workplace. Participants will learn a suite of practical frameworks, situational strategies and conversation techniques to help them manage challenging situations with confidence.
What this workshop covers
During this workshop, participants will learn:
- about the prevalence of common mental health conditions in Australia
- the impact that unmanaged mental health concerns have in the workplace and why addressing concerns early is important
- the common signs and symptoms of mental health issues in the workplace
- techniques and approaches to guide conversations about mental health concerns
- practical strategies for managing an employee who is experiencing mental health issues and underperforming in their role
- the legal requirements relevant to mental health at work
- tips to build a supportive work environment and inclusive culture
- what resources and support services are available to help them manage someone at risk of a mental health condition
- what support services are available via their Employee Assistance Program for both employees and leaders.
Choose a course length that best suits your needs. Workshop inclusions may vary based on duration.