While working away from home has its benefits, prolonged periods away can negatively impact a person’s mental health. Employees can often feel isolated from their family and community, turning to drugs, gambling and alcohol to fill the void.
This workshop explores the unique challenges associated with remote-based working. Participants will learn practical strategies, tools and techniques to protect their mental health and wellbeing while away.
They will also learn how to better manage returning home and transitioning back into daily life.
What this workshop covers
During this course, participants will learn:
- about the prevalence of mental health concerns in Australia, especially for employees working away from home
- the specific mental health and wellbeing challenges of remote-based working and how to avoid them
- helpful strategies, tools and techniques to protect their mental health while working away from home
- tips for returning home and transitioning back into daily life
- tips for creating a mentally healthy and supportive team
- what resources and support services are available.
1 hour, 1. 5 hours and 2 hours.
Choose a course length that best suits your needs. Workshop inclusions may vary based on duration.