Saying ‘no’ sounds simple, yet it can be extremely difficult for many of us in the workplace. An inability to say ‘no’ when needed can lead to decreased personal productivity, unnecessary distraction and strained relationships.
During this workshop, participants will gain a deeper understanding of the psychology behind saying no and recognise why it can be challenging. They will learn six practical strategies for saying no with confidence, while still maintaining good relationships.
What this workshop covers
During this course, participants will learn:
- why the ability to say ‘no’ is important in the workplace
- the potential consequences of saying ‘yes’ when they should be saying ‘no’
- the psychology that explains why saying ‘no’ is hard
- key factors that influence their response to requests or demands
- how to use six different types of assertive refusal conversation skills
- how to deliver an assertive refusal effectively
- what support and resources are available (EAP, HR).
Who will benefit from this training?
This course is recommended for all staff, including those in a leadership role.
1 hour, 1.5 hours and 2 hours.
Choose a course length that best suits your needs. Workshop inclusions may vary based on duration.