Many members of the LGBTQIA+ community live happy, healthy lives. But a significant number experience poor mental health due to the prejudice, stigma and abuse they experience.
In this session, participants will gain an understanding of why LGBTQIA+ awareness is important and how to create a safe, inclusive workplace.
What this workshop covers
During this course, participants will learn:
- the range of identities represented in the LGBTQIA+ community
- the difference between inclusive and exclusive workplace behaviours
- why awareness and inclusivity in the workplace is important
- a brief history of attitudes and beliefs about the LGBTQIA+ community
- how cognitive bias can influence a person’s opinions
- strategies, tools and techniques for building and maintaining an inclusive and supportive workplace
- what further support and resources are available (EAP, HR).
Choose a course length that best suits your needs. Workshop inclusions may vary based on duration.