Poor sleep can have a devastating impact on work and home life, as well as general health and wellness. Research conducted by the National Sleep Foundation estimated that 7.4 million Australians are not getting adequate sleep. This means 4 in 10 Australians are currently experiencing varying levels of sleep deprivation.
This course helps participants gain a deeper understanding of basic sleep science. They will learn how sleep works and the vital functions that take place while we sleep.
What this workshop covers
During this session, participants will learn:
- about the science of sleep and how it works
- how sleep promotes optimal human functioning
- about the prevalence of sleep issues in Australia.
- essential ‘sleep saver’ strategies to improve sleep, supported by a Sleep Action Plan
- what support and resources are available (EAP, HR).
Who will benefit from this training?
This course is recommended for all staff, including those in a leadership role.
1 hour, 1.5 hours, 2 hours or 3 hours.
Choose a course length that best suits your needs. Workshop inclusions may vary based on duration.